Navigation


Upcoming courses:

  • Aarhus, Denmark, March 5 - 9, 2012
  • New York City, USA, March 26 - 30, 2012
Read more on our website

About me

Brian Holmgård Kristensen

Hi, I'm Brian. I'm a Danish guy primarily working with ASP.NET e-commerce solutions using Microsoft Commerce Server.

I'm co-founder and core-member of Aarhus .NET Usergroup (ANUG), which is a offline community for .NET developers in Denmark.

You can visit my View Brian Holmgård Kristensen's profile on LinkedIn or follow me on Twitter @brianh_dk. Also please feel free to contact me via e-mail Send me an e-mail.

Categories

On this page

Refresh Catalog FullText Index causes search operations to fail

Archive

Blogroll

Disclaimer
The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way.

RSS 2.0

Send mail to the author(s) E-mail

Total Posts: 36
This Year: 0
This Month: 0
This Week: 0
Comments: 10

Sign In

Follow me on Twitter @brianh_dk
 Tuesday, 28 August 2007

The other day I wrote a blog post about a search problem in the Commerce Server Starter Site. I had added a new property to the propertiesToReturn element of web.config and that caused all search operations on the web-site to fail with the following exception from the database: 'Invalid column name 'Show_Variants_As_Products'.

In my efforts to solve the problem I stumbled across another issue when I tried to execute the "Refresh Catalog FullText Index" command on one of my catalogs in the Catalog Manager (screenshot provided).

This command executed without errors but when I tried to perform a new search on the web-site the database threw another exception with the following error message:

Full-text table or indexed view has more than one LCID among its full-text indexed columns.

This post helped me to the solution.

The solution

In SQL Server Management Studio I opened the Product Catalog database and found the table holding the products for the specific catalog I initially performed the Refresh command on. I changed  the "Language for Word Breaker" setting for the CategoryName column from 'English' back to 'Neutral'  in the properties Full Text Indexing (screenshot provided below).

dbo.[catalogname]_CatalogProducts > Full Text index > Properties > Columns > CategoryName=Neutral (from English)

Posted on Tuesday, 28 August 2007 19:30:22 (Romance Standard Time, UTC+01:00)
# | Comments [0]